- Whatever your eye problem, your first point of contact should be an optometrist. They are the best person to assess urgent eye problems, check for eye disorders and treat eye conditions. They have the professional training and necessary equipment to assess most eye problems. If necessary they can directly refer you to an specialist eye doctor.
- Many optometrists are part of the Lanarkshire Eye-health Network Scheme (LENS). They can offer an appointment and assessment service for any concerns you may have with the health of your eyes or eye injuries including:
- Red eye
- Sore eye
- Deterioration of eyesight
- Other disturbance of eyesight
- You can also find out which optometrists are part of the LENS by calling the NHS Lanarkshire General Enquiry Line on 0300 3030 243.